Resources for treasurers & financial

Congregational treasurers and finance committees often require resources from our synodical and national websites. Following are commonly accessed links and forms.

Treasurer’s information booklet

The Treasurer’s Information Booklet has been prepared by the national church for the benefit of congregational treasurers. It provides general information on a variety of subjects and is updated periodically for legislative changes, policy changes, and government and general financial administration information. The Treasurers Information booklet  and other ELCIC resources for Treasurers are available on the ELCIC website: Treasurer Resources

Synod remittance form

This form accompanies benevolence cheques to the Synod. Please include a daytime phone or an email address in case of questions regarding the form. SK-Synod-Remittance-Form     SK-Synod-Remittance-Form-excel

PAR for congregations

Congregations (and individuals) may choose to make regular monthly benevolence to the Synod by pre-authorized debit. The attached provides information and a sign-up form. PAR form

Salary calculations

These salary guidelines, passed by Synod council, provide minimum standards for remuneration of rostered ministers including pay and leave. Compensation guidelines:

Pulpit Supply and Pay Per Service

Synod council’s annually approved guidelines for the remuneration of pulpit supply and other pay per service items.
Please note that the CRA is now in 2024 recommending a rate of $0.70/kilometer for the first 5000 km. CRA information here.

Benefits plan

Employees, both rostered and lay, earning 25% or more of YMPE (Yearly Maximum Pensionable Earnings) are expected to be enrolled in the ELCIC benefit plan through Group Services Inc. The GSI website contains information and forms required for enrolment and during employment.

Canada Revenue Agency

CRA’s Charities Directorate has all the policies and regulations required to register and operate a charity in Canada. The charities page also has information related to issuing charitable donation receipts for tax purposes. CRA’s payroll page has information related to administer and reporting payroll.

Saskatchewan Employment Standards

All employers in Saskatchewan must follow minimum labour standards with regard to wages, leave, and notice period. Information on rights and responsibilities is available at the government website.

Jan 2023 Treasurer webinar

View webinar slides Treasurer Webinar 2023Jan

May 20 Treasurer webinar

Watch the Webinar on YouTube  or view the Webinar slides 2022May



Print Friendly, PDF & Email